Thursday, February 02, 2017

Like a Sure Thing


I no longer wish to be loved childishly. I want to be loved with the strength and charm of maturity. I don't want to be smothered by the fear of jealousy and insecurities. I don't want a relationship based solely upon shutting the world out and locking each other in.

I want to be somewhere I can breathe. Where, even in the midst of a million people with a million heartbeats surrounding me, I can still know the sound and nod my head to the rhythm of the One I call "home."

I call you home.

I want you to be fearless with me, to grab my hand and walk through everything with me.

I don't want to be loved like every second you are scared to lose me.

I want to love you hard and rough with enough trust to fold this planet in half. I want you to trust me, and let it magnify. I want to love you in a way that will last, without the weight of the past. I want to be loved in a way that whatever we have is fated, destiny.

I want to love you like a sure thing.



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
"There's Light in Love, You See"
Love at Love's Brightest
What We Mean by Love
To Know and Be Known
The Art of Surrender
The Choice (and Risk) That Is Love
The Longing for Love: God's Primal Beatitude
Passion, Tide and Time
To Be Held and to Hold
Liberated to Be Together
Love as "Quest and Daring and Growth"
Love as Exploring Vulnerability
Be Just in My Heart
The Gravity of Love

Image: Subjects and photographer unknown.


No comments: